Promoting Your Group Through the Podcast
So here’s how to better ensure you are featured:
- Talk to Us. Please don’t add us to your general email list. We delete those. Instead, take a moment every few weeks before faire to drop us an email. Tell us what faires you will be at. Typically, we find out who’s playing where by visiting the faire websites. If they don’t have you listed, ask the faire to list you. If you submit music and aren’t featured when your faire comes out, email us so we can get you on the show ASAP. This show is about inclusion. We try to feature as many performers as we can.
- Post Your News on Facebook
Our Facebook page has a very active community. Like our page and share your news. It may end up on the podcast.
- Mail or Upload a full-length CD.
Send us a CD or two. And don’t forget to resubmit with each new album.
- Add a link to our Site. This is no requirement. But it is a nice courtesy. The Ren Faire community loves to hear about other activities in that community. So it is brilliant when you can help share the news of other bands. This is also a great way to endear you to your fans all the more.
- Record a Radio Sweep. There’s nothing cooler than hearing your favorite performer announce the podcast they’re being played on. Well, why not do that with the Renaissance Festival Podcast? Email us for details on how to do it.
- Sell your CDs on CDBaby. CDBaby is the #1 website for independent music online. There are over 100,000 independent musicians like you selling your wares. CDBaby also hosts one of the largest number of Renaissance Festival CDs anywhere.
- Follow Up with Us.
One of the reasons we started this podcast was to get to know other faire groups. We want to know about you and your group. Please drop us an email and let’s talk.
We consider online music promotion essential to the success of any band. Here are a few of the tools and resources.
With this manual, you’ll discover that music marketing doesn’t have to be expensive to be effective. Whether you’re promoting a fast-growing indie label or a one-man (or woman) act from your basement, the Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook gives you the tools you need to get the maximum bang for your buck!